Spots on the Sensor

ravikiran

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hai Guys,
I got a spot on my D50 sensor. I am uploading two photo with the spot. Please look into it and verify whether it is a dust particle or not.
Thanks in advance,
amiably,
Ravi Kiran.
DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

if these are not crops from larger images ,then you have some fairly large dust bunnie there. maybe large is good, as it might mean fluffy dry dust, which can easily be blown away with a bulb, .... as opposed to tiny sticky dust, which is hard to remove.

It definitely looks like dirt or lint or something. In the first image it's more diffuse which happens to the dust's shadow if you use a wider aperture.

I recommend getting a bulb blower, taking off your lense, using the mirror-lockup option in the menus and seeing if you can just blow it away. If not pick up some Sensor Swabs and Eclipse to clean with.

It seems sticky dust. Then you must use the wet solution. First, blow it with a bulb (Rocket bulb) to eliminate particles that can strach the filter surface. Then use Eclipse or medical etanol (99,9%) pure and Sensor Swab, or something similar (sometimes I use pediatrical tissues) with a soft aplicator. Try and train yourself first in a old filter. Charge first full battery. Then, go on. Don´t be afraid.

Regards.
www.juanparmenides.com

Most reactions

Back