Spring eh.

" enviro-mentalists"...hah! I love that!

I sure hope spring gets to Ontario sometime before summer arrives... lol

Ron come home to the warm. Kentucky welcomes you

Ron come home to the warm. Kentucky welcomes you

Got some shine tucked away in the barn? That would warm me up. :wink:

Here it is legal to make for your own consumption but not many folk know this. I used to make some for fortifying my home made Ports & Sherries.

Sometimes I wonder why I am living in Iowa. We get the best of both ends; hot & humid in summer, and cold and windy in winter.

Yep thought you would get it too. I was out plowing my road (yet again) this morning, not what I want to do this time of year. I tried to get to my shed today and the snow is still up to my waist. I gave up.

Yep thought you would get it too. I was out plowing my road (yet again) this morning, not what I want to do this time of year. I tried to get to my shed today and the snow is still up to my waist. I gave up.
we have a storm coming in a few days SUPPOSEDLY, I hope not. This time of year, plowing is a gravel and grass killer. Ground doesn't stay frozen, blade digs in. I have put a pipe on mine from time to time to save gravel. shoes or bump it up to save grass. course, snow during mud season you leave the pavement count on sinking and ripping up the turf anyway. another headache.

I spent a year in Kingston and winter only lasted 2-3 weeks it seemed. When I flew to BC a few days before Christmas, Toronto was still waiting on their first snowfall. Back in Kingston we got a big rain storm in mid-January and we were back to green grass.

I'd always heard Ontario winters were bad, but after my year there I thought the people there just complained the loudest. You're convincing me though, that maybe there is something to the winter out there!

I spent a year in Kingston and winter only lasted 2-3 weeks it seemed. When I flew to BC a few days before Christmas, Toronto was still waiting on their first snowfall. Back in Kingston we got a big rain storm in mid-January and we were back to green grass.

I'd always heard Ontario winters were bad, but after my year there I thought the people there just complained the loudest. You're convincing me though, that maybe there is something to the winter out there!

What were you in for? :wink:

Bought a new snow blower in February. Still using it, but in getting used to its operation, I almost blew the snow through my neighbour's kitchen window. :D

What's that white stuff? None in Eastern England at all this winter and "officially" Spring i three weeks early with a garden full of daffs and a camelia out.

You can see what I have to put up with in the post "English Spring".

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back