Spyder2express

DVGuru

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm in the learning stages of still photography (coming from a video background), so right now I'm worried about the brightness level of my monitor, especially since I'm shooting with a Canon 300D. The LCD is so small it's difficult to judge whether or not the exposure is where I want it.

I want to calibrate my 23" Apple Cinema Display. Would the Spyder2express version be good enough for a hobbyist? Will it allow me to calibrate the brightness along with the color?

I don't have a large budget, and I still need to buy a good, sturdy tripod, so I'd prefer to get the express version if it'll do the trick.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, the LCD on the camera is a poor place to judge an image...except that you can check the histogram.

And Yes again, the Spyder II, with the Express software would be a great tool for you to calibrate your monitor. I have it, and it's very easy. You load and start the software, then hang the Spyder in front of the screen. It does it's thing and then loads the new monitor profile into the OS/video card. That's all there is to it.

I'll go with the express version then. Thanks for the reply--this is one of best forums I've visited. Nice users and great info.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back