St. Patrick's Day Parade Manhattan

Mumfandc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Took these after class ended. Most of my friends hate parades (and a friend of mine who is from Ireland really HATES St. Patrick's Day for his own reasons), so I went by myself. I like the 3rd pic the best. 1st and 2nd ones look vintage in a way.

Contax G1, w/Fuji Neopan Acros 100, developed in Rodinol.

stpats2.jpg

stpats3.jpg

stpatsparade.jpg

There were people watching the parade from the top of a high-rise building. This picture was actually taken from street level, maybe looking up to the 30th/40th floor maybe. I altered the perspective in PS, then I had to "smush" the width of the picture to make the people appear less distorted.
spectators.jpg

Great series!!!! Love the tones, #2 especially works for me, presents an awfully chilly mood :) Great job!!!

eromallagadnama said:
Great series!!!! Love the tones, #2 especially works for me, presents an awfully chilly mood :) Great job!!!

Heh, thanks. But what what makes it "chilly" for you? The two boys are buying hot-dogs...I guess chili-dogs. :)

craig said:
Beautiful camera work in the first and second frames!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why did you choose BW as opposed to color?
...the camera was loaded with B&W film. Thanks for the comments!

Well, I actually thought the camera work was best in the 3rd pic, because the marchers instruments seemed to occupy the arch in the space perfectly. That photo wasn't cropped...but the first two were :)

Personally I am a sucker for greens and reds. The third frame is ok, but I have a problem seeing the back of peoples heads. The marchers in the first two frames seems like a very original take on a difficult subject.

Most reactions

Back