Staging Photo Ideas

Wait for a really dark moonless night and do some very long exposure shots and see what you get. May surprise you....

If it's really dark, I'm not so sure I want to be there for a very long exposure!:concern::eek: and no way I'm checking the preview window till I'm safely back in my recliner.

Pre dawn with a ground fog would be nice for this.

Wow, you've piqued my interest in that old house!

I bet if you told us some spooky stories about ghosts, hidden gold and mysterious deaths surrounding those people who attempted to find the gold, we could come up with some great theatrical techniques for you to try!

Best,

Jason

Wow, you've piqued my interest in that old house!gh
I bet if you told us some spooky stories about ghosts, hidden gold and mysterious deaths surrounding those people who attempted to find the gold, we could come up with some great theatrical techniques for you to try!

Best,

Jason

Little update on the house from a friend who is family of the owners. No murders in the house that they knew of, though a few died there of old age. It was built by an early settler, named John, that became a substantial landowner in the area. He always had cash when a property became available, though no one knew the source of the money and he was not known to have a job. Rumors abound in the hills, some say he made his money in moonshine, some say it was his "political" activities and affiliations. One thing that was known was he didn't trust banks, and was known to hide his money. If there was a treasure either it's not been found or the ones that found it didn't tell. Some say the ghost is old John wandering around checking on his cash.

In the same family were two elderly spinster sisters. The sisters were inseparable and unfortunately crazy as loons. Supposedly they scared the family enough that when old John passed his house became their home. It was close enough that family could check on them, and far enough to give everyone some distance. Since all the locals knew the sisters, no one was going to bother them. They lived out the remainder of their lives in the house, until they passed within a short time of each other. Some say the ghosts are the sisters searching for each other.

According to my friend (late 60's) she remembers hearing the ghost stories in her youth, so 50# years ago. After the sisters passed there were a few that tried to rent the house, but none stayed long. Claiming they were scared out, by the mysterious noises and ghostly apparitions in the middle of the night, which of course perpetuated the stories. For the last 30 years plus it has set empty, though the family continued to maintain the property, until about 15 years ago, when the last direct descendant of the original owner deeded the property (house and lot next door) to the fire department for a second station. The FD continued to use the house for training up until a couple years ago, when it was deemed unsafe. The cost to repair it was just to much, so now it sits. We've tried to board up access for safety, but the treasure hunters still continually rip away anything we put up to gain access (or so we believe). I've been to the hall next door many times in the middle of the night, and never saw anything, but admittedly I never made a point to look either. I and every one else going to that station always parked on the opposite side away from the house next door. Most said it was because there was an automatic light on that side, but we all knew why. None of us really believed the ghost stories, but we didn't care to be proved wrong either!

Time to roll up your sleeping bag and spend the night.

Haaahhhaaaahhhaa- oh wait you're serious? The ghosts probably don't bite but the spiders, tarantulas, snakes and other critters in there sure as heck do.

Wow, you've piqued my interest in that old house!gh

Best,

Jason

Little update on the house from a friend who is family of the owners. No murders in the house that they knew of, though a few died there of old age. It was built by an early settler, named John, that became a substantial landowner in the area. He always had cash when a property became available, though no one knew the source of the money and he was not known to have a job. Rumors abound in the hills, some say he made his money in moonshine, some say it was his "political" activities and affiliations. One thing that was known was he didn't trust banks, and was known to hide his money. If there was a treasure either it's not been found or the ones that found it didn't tell. Some say the ghost is old John wandering around checking on his cash.

In the same family were two elderly spinster sisters. The sisters were inseparable and unfortunately crazy as loons. Supposedly they scared the family enough that when old John passed his house became their home. It was close enough that family could check on them, and far enough to give everyone some distance. Since all the locals knew the sisters, no one was going to bother them. They lived out the remainder of their lives in the house, until they passed within a short time of each other. Some say the ghosts are the sisters searching for each other.

According to my friend (late 60's) she remembers hearing the ghost stories in her youth, so 50# years ago. After the sisters passed there were a few that tried to rent the house, but none stayed long. Claiming they were scared out, by the mysterious noises and ghostly apparitions in the middle of the night, which of course perpetuated the stories. For the last 30 years plus it has set empty, though the family continued to maintain the property, until about 15 years ago, when the last direct descendant of the original owner deeded the property (house and lot next door) to the fire department for a second station. The FD continued to use the house for training up until a couple years ago, when it was deemed unsafe. The cost to repair it was just to much, so now it sits. We've tried to board up access for safety, but the treasure hunters still continually rip away anything we put up to gain access (or so we believe). I've been to the hall next door many times in the middle of the night, and never saw anything, but admittedly I never made a point to look either. I and every one else going to that station always parked on the opposite side away from the house next door. Most said it was because there was an automatic light on that side, but we all knew why. None of us really believed the ghost stories, but we didn't care to be proved wrong either!

Thank you for sharing the mysterious history of that old house. I'm thinking that a timed photo at night with perhaps a burst from a hand-held flash would be fitting. Or perhaps a night photo with a full moon?

Best,

Jason

Most reactions

Back