Stairs To Nowhere

TheJB

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

<< Click pic for larger version (needs it)>>

These are some stairs on the trail in Sleeping Giant State Park in Hamden, CT. It was overall an overcast day, but some glimpses of sun did manage to peek through now and then. PP: played with the levels, curves, shadows/highlights, sharpened via high pass, added a small vignette to accentuate the stairs in the middle.

Critique Request: I am wondering if the stairs are not well defined enough. Does the pic need a more definitive subject? How about the colors, contrast, brightness etc...?

Photo Info:
Camera: Pentax K100D Super
Exposure: 0.05 sec (1/20)
Aperture: f/9.5
Focal Length: 50 mm
ISO Speed: 200
Exposure Program: Aperture priority
Metering Mode: Pattern
White Balance: Manual

I like the image and I like the post work. I think the lighting, colours and general theme of the image work very well. It's a nice, quiet forest scene. As far as the stairs go, to be honest, I had to look twice to see them. They certainly don't hurt the image, but I think that it's strong enough on it's own that doing anything further isn't necessary.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

If you are going to be hanging this on your wall, I can't imagine it not looking amazing! On the other hand, as a small image the stairs are a little lost. I think your eye is still drawn to the break in the stone wall anyway, and the colors are still great.

I was out shooting fall scenes too...:hail::hail::hail:

nice, it reminds me of the lord of the rings, the setting where boromeer dies

Colours are great, but as someone else said, I had to look twice to find the stairs.

Judging by your thread subject, the stairs should be the focal point of the shot, so maybe moving in a bit more would of made the stairs really jump out and give people that "what are stairs doing there?" look.

Nice job though. Way better than I could do

Most reactions

Back