Star Child

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A photo I took as a New Years gift for my best friend Rob. He imagines himself as a "Star Child" or "Golden Boy", and every new year he resolves to simply be his best self. The purpose of this shot was to embody that.

Single Profoto D1 Air with an octabox modifier. Lighting diagram and technical/camera info below photograph.

_mg_6694_1_by_danostergren-dbzlb9d.jpg

screen_shot_2018_01_11_at_1_01_38_pm_by_danostergren-dbzodvo.png
screen_shot_2018_01_11_at_1_04_50_pm_by_danostergren-dbzoebi.png

I really appreciate you sharing the photo setup and info. For those of us (me) that know nothing about lighting, it gives me something to try and replicate. Now, the talent/artist side of things ........ hard to put that in a diagram.

I love this. The way you placed the smaller stars on the face and they "grow" as you follow the star trail down the body has a really pleasing flow.

I absolutely adore that you added a lighting diagram- an invaluable resource!

Thank you for taking your time to share!

PS- "star child" as in "starseed"? Just curious!

I really appreciate you sharing the photo setup and info. For those of us (me) that know nothing about lighting, it gives me something to try and replicate. Now, the talent/artist side of things ........ hard to put that in a diagram.
No problem!

I love this. The way you placed the smaller stars on the face and they "grow" as you follow the star trail down the body has a really pleasing flow.

I absolutely adore that you added a lighting diagram- an invaluable resource!

Thank you for taking your time to share!

PS- "star child" as in "starseed"? Just curious!
Thank you! Credit for the stars should go to the makeup artist. I just put a few on his back so we could get side shoulder shots that show a bit of the back.

Thanks for sharing the setup. Cracking profile shot. You are an awesome photographer.

A nice Image this. The lighting setup Is bang on and works a treat.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back