Star trails

catie2456

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Star trails over sand dunes.

$image-1853295867.jpg

That is awesome!

Nikon D7000 18-105mm at 18mm ISO 400 15 minute exposure.

I love star trails! I can't wait until I get a chance to try it myself. Too much light around here. :(

I love the photo! :D

Great pic! The sand dunes are awesome! Curious if the lighter streak in the foreground was from a car driving by.

Did you use LR Noise Reduction? I don't see too many hot pixels, but I've always done my star trail photos by stacking 30 second exposures.

I love the shot. Star trails are a cool thing that most everyone can do, and the results are quite impressive when done correctly. Personally, I'm itching to try it...but like so many have said, it's hard with all the light pollution...sometimes (rarely) living near the city sucks!

Either way, I'm curious about the post processing as well...sharpening, noise reduction...etc? Was it done in camera? I only ask because like exemplaria said, I've only ever seen trail shots done that were several exposures stacked together, not one 15 minute one. Not that it doesn't work, obviously, I've just seen a lot more done the other way.

But yeah, good job! Great shot, keep 'em coming!

The camera shoots really well in low light without the need for much noise reduction. I can't remember if I used long exposure NR in camera on this shot but my guess would be yes?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back