jeffashman

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
One of these days, I'll go out and expand my horizons and try other things than birds, but for now, more birds. It's been brutally hot lately, so I haven't even gone out on the trail. It was 104F 40C with a heat index of 109F 42.8C today, and absolute drain.

1 Starling (male)
jul07202201 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

2 Starling (female)
jul07202202 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

3 Housefinch landing
jul07202203 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

4 White-wing dove
jul07202204 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

5 White-wing dove landing - I clipped the heck out of the tail and wings but decided to keep the photo, because even with the clipping I liked it.
jul07202205 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

Super set, Jeff! I think I like #4 best.

I don't miss the triple digit heat in Tejas. I remember one year when I was living in Austin we broke a record for having (don't quote me on this, I might be a day or two off, been awhile) 83 days straight of triple digit heat. One of the days hit 107 if I recall with the index being 113. I remember I'd ridden my motorcycle to work that day and I was totally miserable riding home. The engine heat like to fried my legs.

Super set, Jeff! I think I like #4 best.

I don't miss the triple digit heat in Tejas. I remember one year when I was living in Austin we broke a record for having (don't quote me on this, I might be a day or two off, been awhile) 83 days straight of triple digit heat. One of the days hit 107 if I recall with the index being 113. I remember I'd ridden my motorcycle to work that day and I was totally miserable riding home. The engine heat like to fried my legs.
Thanks! Yep, we are expecting triple-digits for the next week or so, then a cold front moves in and drops the temps into the 90s...
A very nice set.....
Thanks!
Great set but 1,2 and 4 are stand outs for me.
Thank you!

Very nice. I have been thinking about setting up on our feeders, these pics have just sealed it I believe. We get several birds at the feeders and Cottontail rabbits underneath cleaning up what the birds knock out.

Very nice. I have been thinking about setting up on our feeders, these pics have just sealed it I believe. We get several birds at the feeders and Cottontail rabbits underneath cleaning up what the birds knock out.
Thanks! I had to get a squirrel-proof feeder, because the squirrels were hogging all the seed and chasing the birds away. They do scavenge on the ground now, along with a rabbit.

Here is a Morning Dove I got with new Sigma Lens, it's on the ground under our bird feeders.

Morning Dove-1-Resized.jpg

Here is a Morning Dove I got with new Sigma Lens, it's on the ground under our bird feeders.

View attachment 258095
We have mourning doves and white-wing doves around here. I can imitate their call, and they give me a head-tilt look when I do it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back