Stars In Wyoming

FinnelCake

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A shot taken on my recent camping trip. The stars were incredible.
Good Star Pic.jpg

Agree, great image.
Haven't done a lot of stars, but I may have to copy others that put a light on inside the tent for effect....
Nice memories from that shot I bet!

The slow shuttered fire is a discordant feature . I think this is caused by the tree bisecting it. Perhaps moving the angle such that the fire was behind the tent, thus outlining the tent would help. Also blown up there is quite a bit of chromatic ab to the stars. easily removed and I think would sharpen it nicely. All in all though you did a pretty good job!
:trink39:

Agree, great image.
Haven't done a lot of stars, but I may have to copy others that put a light on inside the tent for effect....
Nice memories from that shot I bet!
Thank you! Yes great memories. I actually took a shot with the tent lit up as well! Here it is.
Better Tent Lit Up.jpg

The slow shuttered fire is a discordant feature . I think this is caused by the tree bisecting it. Perhaps moving the angle such that the fire was behind the tent, thus outlining the tent would help. Also blown up there is quite a bit of chromatic ab to the stars. easily removed and I think would sharpen it nicely. All in all though you did a pretty good job!
I agree! I think the fire looks a lot better in the shot that I posted in my reply to NancyMoranG. As a beginner I've never even heard of chromatic ab, would you mind explaining what that is and how I can fix it?

I agree! I think the fire looks a lot better in the shot that I posted in my reply to NancyMoranG. As a beginner I've never even heard of chromatic ab, would you mind explaining what that is and how I can fix it?

That 2d shot is quite nice.

"Chromatic Aberration, also known as “color fringing” or “purple fringing”, is a common optical problem that occurs when a lens is either unable to bring all wavelengths of color to the same focal plane, and/or when wavelengths of color are focused at different positions in the focal plane."

Most reactions

Back