Starter Camera.

NikkiTreez

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have always had a love for photography. I took many classes in high school and college. The camera`s I`m most familiar with are film. I love the whole experience you get with a film camera. My only consern is that since I haven`t shot in a while that I`m a little rusty. Knowing that I`m basically back to the beginning, a digital p&s is something I`ve been considering.

I know there are DSLRs out there that allow me to maintain that manual functioning for when I get back to a higher skill level and also have the auto to help me now but my question is: which camera should I get?

I really just want to hear other photographers opinions on this situation and what you think would best suit my needs for right now.

What's your pricepoint? That means a lot in photography.

As mentioned, budget is everything; your best bet will be to go to a camera store (That is a real camera store, not a big-box store that also sells cameras) and play with the different models. Since you have no preconceieved requirements/prejudices against or for one model or another, things like ergonomics will play a big part.

I`m willing to spend about $600-$650.
The camera`s I`ve been exploring are the Fujifilm X10 and the Pentax K-r

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
For your budget, I would highly reccomend a few cameras...

1)Nikon D5100 16.2MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S DX VR Nikkor Zoom Lens
2)Canon EOS Rebel T2i 18 MP CMOS APS-C Sensor Digital SLR Camera with 3.0-inch LCD and and EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens

Either of those would be excellent starting points for photography.. I would definetly look into them.. You would love either.. Personally, Im a nikon kinda guy :p
Thank you so much! The D5100 has really caught my interest.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back