Starting Camera?

Totaly agree the Nikon D3100 is a great camera to start your passion in the photograpgy world.
It gives great value for the money.

Good Luck.

Great starting camera, as is the Canon T4i. Dont stress too much about the technicalities of the body, worry more about the ergonomics and how they feel in your hands. Both are awesome cameras amd great systems to progress with.
Good luck!

Hey guys, I have a quick question. Right now I just have a point a shoot camera, a GE WM1050, and was thinking about buying a DSLR. I found a website that said that this camera was a good starting camera, and was just wondering your ideas about it.

Nikon D3100 Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm NIKKOR VR Lens

I prefer Nikon myself, so yeah, that's a good place to start. I found on youtube & thought it would be a good idea to share with anyone looking to get into DSLRs.

Last edited by a moderator:
That video did help, but to be frank with you guys. I TOTALLY forgot about looking on youtube for videos about photography lol, it just slipped my mind 100%. But anyway, thanks for the reply's guys

What kind of experience do you have in photography? If you're new to it (i.e. usually shoot auto and terms like DOF and Bokeh don't mean anything to you), it would be a very good starter camera. However, if you do have experience, I think you will quickly find it lacking in a lot of areas and wish you had something more (I started with a D90 and was very glad I did!). At the very least, I would recommend that you look into the newer generation - D3200 or D5200. D7000 would be my recommendation for a serious starter camera.

What kind of experience do you have in photography? If you're new to it (i.e. usually shoot auto and terms like DOF and Bokeh don't mean anything to you), it would be a very good starter camera. However, if you do have experience, I think you will quickly find it lacking in a lot of areas and wish you had something more (I started with a D90 and was very glad I did!). At the very least, I would recommend that you look into the newer generation - D3200 or D5200. D7000 would be my recommendation for a serious starter camera.

I was starting to wonder if anybody was going to mention the 3200.

Hi, Mike, and welcome!

Before you make the plunge, read some reviews and take suggestions from the forum. Don't aim too low when choosing a camera. I've never heard anyone complaining that the camera they bought is too good.

Don't rule out used and refurbished cameras from dealers and manufacturers.

Camera Reviews

Digital Photography Review

Camera Buying Guide

KenRockwell.com: Photography, Cameras and Taking Better Pictures

Compare digital cameras - Snapsort

Equipment & Reviews | What Digital Camera

Thanks, the links helped out as well

Most reactions

New Topics

Back