DougGrigg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.douggrigg.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
critique is encouraged please!

For my project involving Micro- Expressions and the research by Dr paul ekman, the expression here is happiness with disgust underneath.

$Job_0017 3 smaller.jpg

The more I look at the image the more I believe it looks far too un-natural... what do you guys think?

I don't really think it shows disgust. Perhaps you should have him smell a dirty sock before you shoot the portrait? Granted that he doesn't like dirty socks, lol.

I don't really think it shows disgust. Perhaps you should have him smell a dirty sock before you shoot the portrait? Granted that he doesn't like dirty socks, lol.

indeed, at first glance I admit it doesn't, the general ideas of micro expressions is that they are hiding other emotions, if you focus on the mouth one side is raised higher that the other, eyebrows pushed softly together whilst disguising the emotion with happiness :) expression and model aside, I'm hoping for a technical critique if theres any advice or tips?
:)

P.S I might use the dirty sock idea :)

A shade more light, maybe. I'm trying to come up with an expression that conveys happiness with disgust underneath and not getting anything except tired facial muscles. :irked:

critique is encouraged please!

For my project involving Micro- Expressions and the research by Dr paul ekman, the expression here is happiness with disgust underneath.

View attachment 59132

The more I look at the image the more I believe it looks far too un-natural... what do you guys think?

I totally see it. I like it, well done. Maybe I'd crop a little tighter on top.

I see it too! but yeah agree it needs a tad more light. :)

Definitely underexposed, but that facial expression, I see what you were going for

roger that on the crop, and ha grandad I have an image of you sitting in front of the computer pulling lots of faces :)

You got the right image, then. :blush2: I couldn't find anything better than the one you caught.

Most reactions

Back