Starting out

DarkHoody

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Of course I want to know what I'm doing wrong. I'll start with 1 pic.
IMG_5451.jpg

Can you tell us was you like about it and what you would like to improve on? It appears easy enough to re-stage if necessary.

Can't say anything definitively, at first I shot this : DSCN4499g.jpg

Many days later whilst I was bored and looking at stuff I saw the frame in the first picture and I liked it; I moved around a bit and really like the bulb with it, and it gave me an idea. So I like that it kind of reflects the notion but I dislike that I was not able to do it well enough so that other people can see that as well. Specially the watch, I should have had my ipod there.

Last edited:
Of course I want to know what I'm doing wrong. I'll start with 1 pic.
The very shallow depth of field has spoiled this composition for me. I would like to see more in focus.

The only thing remotely in focus is the object on the upper left (cell phone?), so one wonders why the other items are even present.

The bright spot on that object detracts from its view. Diffuse lighting from the side may have reduced/eliminated this type of hot spot and given a more uniform image of the object.

A steeper angle on that object (more top-down) might have helped emphasize it.

well I was trying to focus on the reflection of the plant and the bulb and used the phone as a frame; but I think I understand what you're saying. TY.

well I was trying to focus on the reflection of the plant and the bulb and used the phone as a frame; but I think I understand what you're saying. TY.

If your subject was the reflection of the plant in the phone, and the other stuff wasn't intended to be in the shot, it shouldn't have been in the shot. Fill the frame with your subject. Make the things that are visible intentionally visible, and get rid of everything else. Don't make the viewer guess at your intent (unless your goal is to make your viewer guess at your intent). Honestly, when I looked at this shot I just assumed you missed focus.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back