Starting to do "Production" Finished Photos - jtice.com

jtice

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jtice.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Starting to select certain photos I like, and "finishing" them.
I have been calling them "Production Photos", not sure what the correct term would be really.
I have over 27,000 photos, but alot of them are archiving purposes for events in my life, projects, etc.
I have had some nice shots in the past, but never really put alot of time into composition, etc. I am actually dedicating time to them now.

Let me know what you think,
I wanted a plane black border, as I think a border really helps photos stand out, and separate themselves from a webpage background.
I also wanted a simple watermark, that wasnt ON the photo itself.

Here are a few I have done so far.

Copy_of_lantern_BW_color.sized.jpg

birdtree.sized.jpg

moon_brick.sized.jpg

cherry_bloom_sky.sized.jpg

~John

Hey, I had meant to comment earlier today? Where has my comment gone? Have I only formulated it in my head and then "life" came in the way?

Sorry.

Well, I meant to say and write that I do like the moon photo.

And I am not so fond of Photo 1 - compositionwise (distracting thing at the top and division of the photo in almost two halves) and ... well I assume you applied a bit of selective colouring to make the background disappear a bit more? Well, that is not to my taste. But hey: keep in mind that that is my taste only, so it need not mean anything to you.

It is in my own nature to love anything green ... green against blue is nice, too. Say "spring" to me and I like it. Compression is not doing this photo any good, though, but I am sure those are only just compression artefacts, nothing else. "In reality", I am sure, this is all sharp.

The light is nice in the last, the cloud looks dramatic, but nevertheless this photo does not speak to me so much ... could be the composition again, I don't really know. Can't quite put my finger on it...

The first has most potential, so I think, with a different crop. The orange light and the blue sky go together really well!

Thanks for the comments LaFoto, always good to get input, good or bad.

I need to think alittle more about the composition of my shots when I take them.
I am constantly going to edit them, and finding an object is in the way, or in a bad position for when I crop it.
That hook bracket above the light in the first photo is a perfect example, it bothers me also.

I also noticed the compression in a few of these,
I have Gallery 1.0 on my site, it converts the photos I upload to 1280 res, and it will make a smaller 800 res image of all the photos I upload,
I think it may be compressing them in an odd way, or too much.
Here is the 1280 res version it made, you can also see some compression in it :(
birdtree.jpg

I am not sure what to do about this yet.
I may make another gallery type, that does not resize any of the photos.

I am kinda surprised you like the moon one,
I thing the blurry brick chimney in the front is a bit distracting.

Thanks for the input
~John

Yes, well, it may be distracting, but then you see so many "just-moon"-moon photos that I find this a pleasant variation of the theme.

Most reactions

Back