Starting to venture into portraits C&C please

Ub3rdoRK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.walesimaging.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is my first shot ive done in this field. The day was kind of overcast so no blue sky..and i didnt use my flash because my stupid ass forgot my batteries for it.
4533662180_2a1dd429be_b.jpg

4533024019_d748f998c1_b.jpg

4533663586_9e2c3d728e_b.jpg

4533660750_43d7ced8e0_b.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice background for this picture! even though the lighting is a little dark i personally dont think it takes away from this shot. i like that shes holding the flower.. the pose seems a little uncomfortable, but works none the less. Shes got that seductive look to her eyes..kind of like a temptress or something lol

Very nice shot, although I think she has a bit too much headroom.

nice! The pose seems slighty strained though.

Inwas thinking of the same thing. I may crop it some. Tha k you guys for feedback. It helps greatly!

You did well without the flash. Unlike PF, I might have liked them a little darker. A half stop?

Though probably unnecessary, I like the blurring in 3 and 4. Was that done in camera?

Yeah those were done in camera. Really all I did is used a couple filters and added some light to give it an effect by using a reflector. (which i didnt have).

i love 3
she looks awkward in 1

but overall they look good!

too soft, looks like a lensbaby plastic optic almost

The only one I somewhat like is #4. The lighting leaves something to be desired (you could have used some reflectors) and the eyes don't look very sharp but, at least, the pose looks natural and she looks happy.

Everyone needs to learn so don't take this personally especially since you say it's your first try but the other ones look too much like you read a book on poses, she didn't and it just looks unnatural.

However, with number 4, I can't figure out where your focus was. It seems to be in front and behind her eyes but not at the eyes :er: Maybe it is just bad PP.

I thank you very much for the feedback. She has never
modeled in her life and I just went by some stuff ive been finding on the web. Like i said this was the very first portrait shoot I've ever done. And I posted this here because I needed feedback which I appreciate more than anything.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back