Starwars Episode VII - by Walt Disney!

Disney presents, "CLockwork Orange"

Is this next?

Nawwww, they're doing a Barry Lyndon remake...

Hilarious satire!!! I hear Michael Eisner is going to play the role of Darth Vader...

I heard it was Micheal Palin.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just can't quite wrap my brain around the fact that this makes Leia a Disney Princess. :lol:

Seriously, I guess I'm fine with it. I really don't think Disney can screw it up any worse than Jar Jar already did.
I probably saw the original film 20+ times, during its original run at the box office; who knows how many I've seen it since then. It was simply awesome; just the right mix of adventure, fx and cheesiness. It's gone slowly downhill ever since.

As ClickAddict said, Lucas' original vision was for 9 films; the original three were the "middle" part of the story, then they would back up to the beginning, so presumably these next three will, as he envisioned, pick up after The Return of the Jedi. I don't believe there's a movie production company out there that can make it as good as the first one was, in its time. But I think Disney at least has a shot at making something I can stand to watch again.

I read an opinion on why Disney is doing it and it made sense to me. For decades Disney has been the King of little girls everywhere but they didn't have much to offer boys once they approached adolescence. In the last few years they've been taking steps to correct this in the quickest way possible: Buying existing audiences instead of fostering their own. They started with Marvel Comics and now they've bought Star Wars. Both of those come with existing audiences, mostly made up of boys that will never grow up and thus will always be in their demographic.

............Seriously, I guess I'm fine with it. I really don't think Disney can screw it up any worse than Jar Jar already did............

Perhaps Disney can kill off JarJar. Seems to be a recurring theme with them anyway (Bambi, Lion King, Little Mermaid, Mulan, Beauty and the Beast.....). It wouldn't be a big loss.

spacefuzz said:
Will it be like Indy 4? With a really really old Harrison Ford?

Indy 4 doesn't exist, and I never heard of jar jar binks.

Is this what the Disney-ification of Star Wars will lead to????

Last edited by a moderator:
That's just great, now I have to watch A New Hope! :lol: Thanks for the video, Derrel.

This reminds me I've got to get a DVD version of the ORIGINAL original 3 films - not those enhanced version (HAN SHOOTS FIRST!)

I think it's a possible good thing. Look at what Disney did with Marvel. Get some of the guys behind Ironman to work on the new Star Wars and I'm all for it. As for bringing back the orignal actors, the storyline would have them as main characters and I'm not usually a big fan of changing actors around, but on the other hand, they might be too old for the movies. I'd love to see Harrison ford but the other 2?

Most reactions

Back