Statehouse Statue

Dahrol

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
7091731571_8e729a05e2_c.jpg

You didn't state whether you were looking for C&C, so just my thoughts on first looking at the image. This is one of those situations where the sky has dominated your metering and the front part with the statues and the building are underexposed. Not sure what you shot this with, but maybe some spot-metering to capture the statues and let the sky be blown out would work. Alternativley, shots of the statues that do not include the sky would be a better exposed image - don't know, because I am not sure what you are shooting with, so I can only guess at the overall exposure scenario.

As WesternGuy said, the picture is under exposed. Easy enough to correct in PP editing.

It was evening time. I shot it with the aperture whole wide open, and slowed the shutter speed to like 1/150 or something along those lines.

I liked the sky, and wanted to capture more of it than the statue, but I also wouldn't have minded to get more detail in the statue as well.

Any tips on how to even out the two? I'm afraid if I tried to increase exposure to show the statue, I might over-expose the sky.

It was evening time. I shot it with the aperture whole wide open, and slowed the shutter speed to like 1/150 or something along those lines.

I liked the sky, and wanted to capture more of it than the statue, but I also wouldn't have minded to get more detail in the statue as well.

Any tips on how to even out the two? I'm afraid if I tried to increase exposure to show the statue, I might over-expose the sky.
I believe that you can probably do it in Photoshop with the image that you have using Layers and Masks. but I am not a PS guy by any means - I know enough to be dangerous :lol: - so hopefully someone who knows about this stuff will provide some input. The only other way is to use an HDR approach and then use PS, or one of the HDR apps to merge the images. I haven't done any HDR for a few months, but I suspect that you could get away with 3 images, one at -2 EV, one at +2EV and one at a regular exposure. My 0.02¢ FWIW.

Most reactions

Back