What's new

Statue in the sky

Bend The Light

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jun 8, 2010
Messages
2,591
Reaction score
375
Location
Barnsley, Oop-Nooerth, UK
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just seen this border idea on another post, so thought I'd try it on this shot. How does this look?

4713245025_04ea327c79.jpg
 
Looks pretty danged good!!! Very nice, very good subject matter for this treatment.
 
I do like the image. Youre a little heavy on the borders/frames for me though.
 
I do like the image. Youre a little heavy on the borders/frames for me though.

Thanks. Do you mean my borders are too heavy in general, or that in this instance I should reduce it a little?

Cheers


Its just my opinoin that most good images do not benifit from borders. Every now and then a pic needs some seperation. But a little subtlety goes a long way. :thumbup:

i.e. I dont hate the layered effect youre using above. Its just too big.
 
Its just my opinoin that most good images do not benifit from borders. Every now and then a pic needs some seperation. But a little subtlety goes a long way.

I think I agree in many case - I put borders on photos on Bulletin Boards like this one, but wouldn't print one. I would print a borderless copy and frame it as appropriate (or not at all, depending on the media).

This is the first time I have tried this idea and I like it, however, it's subjective, isn't it. Thanks for your input.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom