Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Downtown today, everything was shot with a Canon XTi and the 18-55 kit lense
statue-6439 by ChefStaller, on Flickr
iso 100
sutter 1/500
Ap 5.6
I really like this one, cant tell if its my focus or my lense that keeps it from being shap as a tack.
2 statue (2 of 1) by ChefStaller, on Flickr
Iso 100
shutter 1/500
Ap 5.0
I also like this one, wanted to play with compisition of a similar shot and try to get the flags seperate to balance the image. I feel the first one is stronger.
flame (2 of 1) by ChefStaller, on Flickr
Iso 100
shutter 1/200
ap 8
Tried to close the ap down a bit to get more of the flag and i believe it helps you get sharper detail (confirm or deny please) But overall i like it, would you brighten the flag in pp? Please feel free to edit these pics if you think you can do a better job,which I am sure you guys can, but be prepared I will most likely ask one billion questions.

Thanks alot guys and gals!:mrgreen:

well heading back out to attempt some others, any advice on what i should have done?

those are some really nice shots the first one is my favorite. but i honestly wouldn't go attacking people for not posting on your thread it really makes you look like a b!tch. Maybe the photo's you took don't really do it for the people that looked at them. as another note you might want to post process them a little play with the contrast and the brightness and it might make them look a little better

Sorry your posts aren't getting much response, its been a lot about drama lately..

anyway, i'll take a stab at it...

1 - I like it as well, I would like the dark side to be a little big brighter but without a bit reflector what could you do? Did you take this using a tripod/mirror lockup/shutter release cord? I realize 1/500 shutter speed make motion less likely but the small vibrations produced my pressing the shutter release or the mirror locking up can introduce vibrations significant enough to leave a photo less than tack sharp.

2- I agree the first is a stronger shot. The square crop works here, but leave more space to the left of the flags, the bottom one is cut off a bit much, they're waving to the left which introduces motion and the frame being so close kills that motion; give them room to wave :)

3 - May be my monitor but this seems a bit dull and underexposed (for the statue). Also, this shot is ruined for me with the random incomplete pole merging with the statue. Its to small to really assess detail so i'll leave that up to others or perhaps a 100%-pixel-crop post of the areas you're interested in us commenting on.

Hope that touched on what you were wanting! Keep shooting :D

Sorry your posts aren't getting much response, its been a lot about drama lately..

anyway, i'll take a stab at it...

1 - I like it as well, I would like the dark side to be a little big brighter but without a bit reflector what could you do? Did you take this using a tripod/mirror lockup/shutter release cord? I realize 1/500 shutter speed make motion less likely but the small vibrations produced my pressing the shutter release or the mirror locking up can introduce vibrations significant enough to leave a photo less than tack sharp.

2- I agree the first is a stronger shot. The square crop works here, but leave more space to the left of the flags, the bottom one is cut off a bit much, they're waving to the left which introduces motion and the frame being so close kills that motion; give them room to wave :)

3 - May be my monitor but this seems a bit dull and underexposed (for the statue). Also, this shot is ruined for me with the random incomplete pole merging with the statue. Its to small to really assess detail so i'll leave that up to others or perhaps a 100%-pixel-crop post of the areas you're interested in us commenting on.

Hope that touched on what you were wanting! Keep shooting :D

1) They were hand held, and I have my remote shipping in tomorrow, i cant wait to play with it.
2) I agree completly, I wish i tokk the shot slightly more to the left, so there wasnt as much dead space between the two
3) Now that you bring it up, that pole does bother me, /i think I could have tucked the whole thing behind the statue

As an aside, Thank you alot for the cc. I was pretty lit when I posted my rant and I know thats not cool to call people out pointlessly. I just have noone to talk to or learn from about photography and the only people i can bounce my questions off of are from the internet and reserch into books. I apologize for being whiney.

Definitely make good use of the remote shutter release.

Use a tripod as well, turn the IS/VR/VC off while its on the tripod and learn to Mirror Lockup if your body can do it. These'll all help :)

Most reactions

Back