Stay in the light

runnah

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Nice! The sky feels a little insipid, somehow, but it's only a little. I'd probably burn a gradient onto the sky to enhance the feeling of sunset (or dawn?), but I am an increasingly ruthless manipulator.

I think I maybe want some people in it? There's a lot of really great stuff in here, but I don't quite love it and I don't quite know why.

Looks like you might have a mild sharpening halo on the verticals of the foreground lamp post.

Nice! The sky feels a little insipid, somehow, but it's only a little. I'd probably burn a gradient onto the sky to enhance the feeling of sunset (or dawn?), but I am an increasingly ruthless manipulator.

I think I maybe want some people in it? There's a lot of really great stuff in here, but I don't quite love it and I don't quite know why.

Looks like you might have a mild sharpening halo on the verticals of the foreground lamp post.

Thanks.

I really had to massage this one. They sky was a good color but very flat. Good catch on the sharpening ;).

I realllllly like the sunburst effect on the distant light popping out of the side of the closest light pole--NICE! I have seen shots doen in this kind of lighting over the years, and usually like them. If I had a nit to pick, it would be that the contrast in the low tones could be a bit snappier...what I see are the slight pools of light the streetlights cast on the footpath...I wanna see the lawn and walk in-0between be a bit darker, and the light pools just a bit brighter, or more-contrasty. Just a little bit...not a lot.

In traditional B&W, we''d say, "I like the scene a lot, but I'd like to see it printed on 1/2 grade higher contrast paper."

I realllllly like the sunburst effect on the distant light popping out of the side of the closest light pole--NICE! I have seen shots doen in this kind of lighting over the years, and usually like them. If I had a nit to pick, it would be that the contrast in the low tones could be a bit snappier...what I see are the slight pools of light the streetlights cast on the footpath...I wanna see the lawn and walk in-0between be a bit darker, and the light pools just a bit brighter, or more-contrasty. Just a little bit...not a lot.

In traditional B&W, we''d say, "I like the scene a lot, but I'd like to see it printed on 1/2 grade higher contrast paper."

Thanks. Yeah I get those starburst when I do long exposures, I like the effect.

The pools of light are very faint in the original color version. It wasn't really dark enough to make them pop sadly.

More contrasy...

Lightscontrast by runnah555, on Flickr

Most reactions

Back