Staying and growing with the same brand?

jajomo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hubby wants to buy me a gift for our 15th anniversary on May 6th and he knows I have been wanting a flash. My camera is an Olympus but I really don't know if I am going to grow with the brand.

I'll be completely honest I bought the Olympus because Ritz was going out of business and I got awesome deal...$350 for body, 2 lenses, bag and CF card. I am happy with it and love that owning this camera has introduced me to photography. I am planning on having it for a few more years...but I don't want to invest into a good flash (FL-50R or FL-36R) if its not going to grow with me.

So two questions....

Are you still with the same brand as your first DSLR? Would be great to hear some of the members camera history or stories.

Or would you just buy an off brand flash? This is what am I looking at but hubby wants to get me an Olympus. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Precision-Design-DSLR300-Universal-Olympus/dp/B001Q9A7RK/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_1"]Amazon.com: Precision Design DSLR300 Universal High Power Auto Flash with Zoom/Bounce/Swivel Head for Olympus Evolt E-3 E-30 E-410 E-420 E-450 E-500 E-510 E-520 E-620 Digital SLR Cameras: Camera & Photo[/ame]

Thanks for any suggestions or guidance. I did search the forum...but it seems like their are not many Olympus users.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back