What's new

Steampunk Cinderella Queen

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Sep 2, 2005
Messages
14,457
Reaction score
3,329
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well... at least that's the plan.

I was shooting headshots for a local theatre group today. My daughter, Emma, is playing the part of the Queen. This is her. Yes, I know this is wide for a head-shot. I crop in for those, but figured I'd take it a bit wider so the theatre had multiple types of images to work with.

c/c welcome. I don't do much portraiture.

Cinderalla%20Headshots%20I%20-%20012.jpg
 
Nice soft lighting. My only complaint is that her hair disappears into the background. Maybe use a rim light or hair light next time?



Best,
Jake

Edit: I wish you had moved her a little further from the background or shot with a wider aperture--the background is in focus enough to be distracting, but not so in focus that you can tell what it is. It's not terribly annoying or distracting, but something to think about in the future.
 
So the looker in your family is your wife? ;) Very nice. She comes across as a strong-willed, confident and attractive person. I agree with Jake that a bit of separation between her and the background would improve the shot.
 
She didn't get the family ears I see... how 'bout the fluffy tail?

;)

I like the image, but the cropped elbow sort of bugs me just a tad....
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #5
Nice soft lighting. My only complaint is that her hair disappears into the background. Maybe use a rim light or hair light next time?
Edit: I wish you had moved her a little further from the background or shot with a wider aperture--the background is in focus enough to be distracting, but not so in focus that you can tell what it is. It's not terribly annoying or distracting, but something to think about in the future.

Both great suggestions. I'd need to move her further away to do the light on the hair, anyway, so I'll play with it. Problem with this room is it's only about 10' wide and FULL of crap, so it may be a little challenging. I'll try, though! I have four more kids to shoot, so...

So the looker in your family is your wife? ;) Very nice. She comes across as a strong-willed, confident and attractive person. I agree with Jake that a bit of separation between her and the background would improve the shot.

:lol: Yes, definitely. Have you seen the pic I have of my lovely bride? She's beautiful.

Thanks for the suggestion, and I appreciate the feedback. It's awesome that she comes across that way in the shot.

She didn't get the family ears I see... how 'bout the fluffy tail?

;)

I like the image, but the cropped elbow sort of bugs me just a tad....

mmm... good point. I'll watch that. And thanks. And :lol:. :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom