Steep Rock

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Manitoba was not touched by the hand of God when it comes to beautiful landscapes. Little Limestone Lake and Steep Rock are easily in the top 5 of the most beautiful and interesting places this province has to offer. However, most Manitobans don't know about their existence or they haven't visited them --the main reason being their isolated locations.

Yesterday, a couple of friends and I travelled about 1,100 km (roundtrip) to visit that marvel of Nature that is Little Limestone Lake. We made a planned stopover in Steep Rock on the way back to shoot the sunset and more.

Although the main dish of the trip was Little Limestone Lake, I ended up liking my photos from Steep Rock better. Here are some of them.

p512521887-4.jpg

p99966742-4.jpg

p198371073-4.jpg

The light was so perfect that the first two would've also worked SOOC.

Hope you like... I'll post photos from Little Limestone Lake sometime later this week.

Awesome pictures you definitely captured the beauty of the lanscape there.

3 is amazing.

Awesome series. The only thing I find distracting is the bit of cropped brand in the first pic and that is pretty minor. I love the tonal ranges and colour palettes of these.

Edit: oops - "cropped branch" is what I meant to say.

Last edited:
3 is my favorite as well. Nice work.

Awesome series. The only thing I find distracting is the bit of cropped brand in the first pic and that is pretty minor. I love the tonal ranges and colour palettes of these.

Edit: oops - "cropped branch" is what I meant to say.
Thanks for the feedback. I was torn regarding the cropped branches. I thought the image would be left unbalanced if I cropped or cloned them out. It might still work without them, though.

Thanks everybody for your kind comments, glad you like these!

Did you have to use a 4x4 to access this location ? Nice looking cliffs/lake ;)
Hey Sebastian, how is it going? No need for a 4x4... There's a small town right where these cliffs are. We were literally shooting half a block away from someone's house...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back