What's new

stepping outside my comfort zone (pick it apart)

four20

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 31, 2012
Messages
16
Reaction score
9
Location
ME/NH seacoast
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
kind of abstract. moderately processed in Pixlr Express in about 5 mins.

rip it to shreds, lemme know what you like/don't about it.

i'll post the original later-

8191322134_9dffbc8ca3_b.jpg
 
14 posts and already a like from Bitter. Nice work :)

I really like this as well. BTW, nice SN ;)
 
I would suggest crop left right and bottom, slightly ... not sure if the darkened edges add to the over all effect or not ... I could be wrong.

I like your usage of flipped reflection.
 
The only thing I don't like is the black lines running on the left and right borders but I wouldn't crop them out. You could on the right but on the left it would put that tree to close to the edge and that would take away a lot for me. If you added them I'd take them out, but if not leave them be. Whatever you do don't take just the right out, that would ruin it.
 
thanks for the feedback everyone. i guess i've become a bit of a slave to using a "frame" or border lately. i guess i've been getting a little too artsy-fartsy with photos posted on watch forums (yeah, i'm one of those guys, too). i was really just trying to see what i could do in a short time with what i thought was a throw-away. this pond is right outside my office window and i had run out to try and capture the amazing sunset that peeked out between the clouds. unfortunately, i can't just step out the door- i have to run down 50 yards of hallway, thru security and then 75 yards back around the building. needless to say- i missed it :grumpy:

here's the jpeg ver. of the RAW image i used in this exercise-

8192240254_11b50bcd5b_b.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom