What's new

Steveston Fishermans Wharf in Vancouver BC

bokeh2u

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 15, 2012
Messages
15
Reaction score
1
Location
Delta BC, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
First few shots that I took from my Canon 7D.
 

Attachments

  • $IMG_0203.webp
    $IMG_0203.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 177
  • $IMG_0201.webp
    $IMG_0201.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 140

Attachments

  • $IMG_0188.webp
    $IMG_0188.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 158
  • $IMG_0225.webp
    $IMG_0225.webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 153
  • $IMG_0185.webp
    $IMG_0185.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 150
Hello there :D

I really like the second image of the first set; in the first, the clouds appear to have washed out

What is cannery? :scratch:
Among the next three, the first one i like; the second one is OK; in the third the real thing of interests are the far off boats...but they are less available in sight; further the foreground bodies tie up one's attention there...so this one could have better composed...all these are my personal feelings though ;)

Regards :D
 
Hello there :D

I really like the second image of the first set; in the first, the clouds appear to have washed out

What is cannery? :scratch:
Among the next three, the first one i like; the second one is OK; in the third the real thing of interests are the far off boats...but they are less available in sight; further the foreground bodies tie up one's attention there...so this one could have better composed...all these are my personal feelings though ;)

Regards :D

The cannery is where the fisherman's catch are processed and canned. Yes the third shot of group of three photographs I was more focused on the foreground objects and the way the pilings where arranged trailing to the distance kind of caught my eye that way.

Regards and thanks for your reply
 
Mostly, these are snapshots. In the first set, the first one looks a little overexposed - the "tarp" or whatever it is at the back of the boat is blown out as are the clouds in most of the sky. The second one is not to bad, but it is very "busy" as an image.

The second set: In the first one, the walls of the cannery are blown out. The second one looks like it needs starightening - probably doesn't, but that is my first impression - maybe it is the angle that the camera was at when you took the picture.

When you are posting multiple images, or more than a couple of images, please number them in sequence. This makes it a lot easier for the reviewer to refer to them, rather than having to scroll back and forth within your images. Thanks.

WesternGuy
 
Mostly, these are snapshots. In the first set, the first one looks a little overexposed - the "tarp" or whatever it is at the back of the boat is blown out as are the clouds in most of the sky. The second one is not to bad, but it is very "busy" as an image.

The second set: In the first one, the walls of the cannery are blown out. The second one looks like it needs starightening - probably doesn't, but that is my first impression - maybe it is the angle that the camera was at when you took the picture.

When you are posting multiple images, or more than a couple of images, please number them in sequence. This makes it a lot easier for the reviewer to refer to them, rather than having to scroll back and forth within your images. Thanks.

WesternGuy

I agree the first one is overexposed I did that intentionally to give it a little more play with light. The cannery walls maybe I should have focused on that but I did not.
I will number the photos next time, thanks for your comments.

Regards ;)
 
I prefer the 1st set over the 2nd set. As westernGuy said, pic 1 suffers from over exposure, resulting in blownout clouds and the tarp. Both pictures also have a tilt issue.
 
I prefer the 1st set over the 2nd set. As westernGuy said, pic 1 suffers from over exposure, resulting in blownout clouds and the tarp. Both pictures also have a tilt issue.

Tilt issue ?, hmmm maybe I should look at the shots a little closer. You maybe right it was probably me always taking shots at the wrong angle...lol.:lol:
I like your sunset shots & the one with the sun showing thru the clouds, very nice.

Thanks for your comments.

Regards
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom