Sticking things to flashes!

Overread

hmm I recognise this place! And some of you!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Namely Velcro!

I currently have one 580EX2 and no plans (nor funds) to exend this to another 580EX2 or a 430EX2 - to to all intents and purposes I have one single flash unit.
With that in mind how limiting would it be for me to attach the velcro strips to the head of the flash as used by lumiquest based products - that means one strip of velcro on each side of the head. I am thinking does this rout becaue the larger luiquest softbox is just to heavy for my trusty elastic bands to hold in place whilst I move around.

At present the only addon that I know that I will get for the 580EX2 is a better beamer flash extender and I belive that attaches by velcro as well (But I am not certain). But are there any other possible addons or limitations by following this line of thinking? I ask this also because lumiquest appear to have a popular clinch strip to use instead of the sticky velcro strips - however again (from what I have read) the larger softox is jsut that bit too heavy to be supported still by this when moving around.

For refrence my main use of my flash is in macro and wildlife work - the macro extending into some limited (at present) indoors/studio work.

I have a 430EX and didn't think twice about putting the velcro on for my Lumiquest softbox. It hasn't limited me and, I guess if it does, it shouldn't be too hard to take off. I keep thinking of getting a better beamer, but will cross that bridge when I get to it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back