Sticking zoom control on 18-55 Nikon

Gnat5680

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.digitalnoirfilms.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, so First off, Not sure if this is the right place, but it seemed fitting.

So I have been shooting with my AF-S 18-55mm VR lens since the day I bought my camera. It worked great till it decided to kill it's self. It took a dive into a table and it wasn't pretty, lets leave that there. I noticed that the zoom was really tight and barely turning (obviously we know why). But After shelling out the $150 again or the same exact lens, I am noticing that this lens is slowly getting that same feeling.

Around the 35mm markings, it gets alittle binding and then frees up again. It also is not getting a crisp focus on Auto. It seems to be off by a fraction of a turn on the focus. This lens HAS NOT taken any drops or falls and I have been the only one to use it. So Now it has me worried about whether it is Nikkor lenses (No problems with my other Nikkor Lenses) or if there is a care issue at hand. I keep them well taken care of in a camera case (soft case) and I keep a desicant in there to keep it dry. I clean the lens often and am never rough with it...

Does anyone know what could be casuing this issue and if Nikon will replace the lens? I think it may be out of warranty so I doubt they will do anything, But Its worth a check.

Thanks!

If you bought the lens new, retail, and still have your receipt, you might can get some warranty from Nikon.

If I am not mistaken, I believe it to have a 5-year warranty, and you lens is probably newer than that.

Oh ok, I thought it was some small bogus 1 year warranty. Yes, it is newer then that. I think it is about a year and a half old...

Thanks! I will try calling them up in a bit!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back