Still just learning things

Overread

hmm I recognise this place! And some of you!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
141482mb
that is 141GB!

21120 files total - that is originals+edits+various resized versions for the net (sometimes up to 5 resized versions). Oh and that is pretty much everything (barring the very early days when shots are so bad that they will never see the light of day again ;))

All that and I have around 1000 keepers - so that is a very very rough 1/20 keeper rate overall! Course its getting slowly better (if you exclude 3:1 macro on spiders - which actulally was 1/20 - 40 shots and only 2 worked!)
So still a ways to go with learning this camera thing - backingup is humbling but at least its done now! :)

You have a long way to go with learning the camera thing.....I think I am going backwards, I'm fallin appart. I took several shots of hawks mid hunt yesterday morning at 800mm F/22 at 1/1000. Despite being pointed to the sky I tink I just might have underexposed them by a little.

But back on topic...ish, I reasently started removing digital copies of my film photos from my computer, freed up a little over 2GB in one sitting with out technically loosing an image :confused:

yeps but I really don't mind - its all good fun - and things are getting better (slooowly) ;)

As for f22 at 1/1000sec - yah I think you might just have some dark birds there! ;)
ever thought of doing a big outdoors project? Something where you go out - shoot - document, review and then go out and shoot again the next time - and over and over until you can review and see how your shooting goes over time?

I keep meaning to do a photobook month where you take 30(at least) themed shots and put them into a photobook like the ones many online printing labs offer.

ever thought of doing a big outdoors project? Something where you go out - shoot - document, review and then go out and shoot again the next time - and over and over until you can review and see how your shooting goes over time?

Yes and no....I have been preocupied with getting my self to stop moving. I have always had issues with sitting still when there is nothing infront of me. A plastic model I can sit and do nothing but that for days, but waiting for something to come out of the bush I can't do. I'm constantly trying to sneak my way around to a better angle because I always think I can get better. My location has tons of crap interfering with shots and I know I can get around it and instinctivly try.

Right now I am, trying to find some time to get out and set up the hunting blind I bought for this, however my window on that is closing rapidly....Work it's killin me. Between work and sleep just about all I have time to do any more is grab the camera and walk the river bank on my way to the store. That and the blind is going to stand out like sore thumb before too much longer.

not much yet - the macro gear is still rather consuming my funds at the moment - but I see and end to it (well sorta see an end to it).
After the focusing rail, flash bracket and wrist strap arrive I think it will only be a Plamp, reflector and then a smaller flash (Sunpak RD2000 probably - the new canon flash is small but its twice the price and won't be out for ages)
After that there should not be anything so some time to save for some of the cheaper lens options on the other camera.

not much yet - the macro gear is still rather consuming my funds at the moment - but I see and end to it (well sorta see an end to it).
After the focusing rail, flash bracket and wrist strap arrive I think it will only be a Plamp, reflector and then a smaller flash (Sunpak RD2000 probably - the new canon flash is small but its twice the price and won't be out for ages)
After that there should not be anything so some time to save for some of the cheaper lens options on the other camera.

Well there where two things that made me think of it, One was the fact that I was shooting mine that morning I was referring to, and I just stumbled across one of the ones I linked the other day on E-bay currently bid at $12.00, If I was not so bound up I'd buy it so I could take four cameras out into the bush with me....but despite having the money I can not spends it. I'd love to take my Chinion out there with me, I've had some good luck with that camera paired with some bad...bad being my biggest lens was too little, :lol:

your not trying to be "The Camera Guy" are you?
60_photo_60325.jpg

as for getting out it should be easier as summer is on the way now - longer days and all now so that should give you a helping hand with things.

your not trying to be "The Camera Guy" are you?
60_photo_60325.jpg

as for getting out it should be easier as summer is on the way now - longer days and all now so that should give you a helping hand with things.

Lol, ironically enough I already hold that designation in the city I live in, but I am not that extreame. I have been known to cart around my EF on a tripod on one shoulder with my OM-1 over my other shoulder both with 400mm lenses usually one has a 2x TC onto it as well as galavanting around the grosery store with my SLR with super telephoto attached slung over my shoulder.

But damn, look at all that tape.

Actually you know what that image actually is all about....The photographers distract the golfers so there is a strict limit to the number of people allowed to carry cameras. In other words one person has to get all the shots.

My brother in law was attending an LPGA event a couple years ago and they where told quite bluntly to put their cameras in the car and leave them there or they would not be permitted attend the event, and they where not alone. All they had where low end P-shooters.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back