Still learning, but a few for you guys to critique...

shutterbug1974

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So, these are from the summer jazz concert series here in NYC. Working on picking up a new niche market, since there are loads of concerts/events around this area. Let me know what you guys think!

Attachments

• Najee-1.jpg
    Najee-1.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 222
  • DaveS21.jpg
    DaveS21.jpg
    468.4 KB · Views: 182
  • Rachelle Ferrell 1W.jpg
    Rachelle Ferrell 1W.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 197
  • Boney James 2.jpg
    Boney James 2.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 207
Not my area of expertise, but looks like some nice work under challenging conditions.
Thanks! :) Oh...and how do you post a pic directly in the post, instead of as an attachment? :confused-72:

#1 is under exposed
#2 good job of shooting facing a large bright light and not getting a silhouette. The image needs more contrast however. There are no deep blacks in the image.
#3 a good example of needing to pay attention to shadows. The shadow from the mic on her face kills it for me.
#4 I think if his eyes were open it might help.

Thanks! :) Oh...and how do you post a pic directly in the post, instead of as an attachment? :confused-72:
After uploading the attachment, right next to it is a choice....... attachment or full image. Choose the latter.

Last edited:
I think the first one is a good candidate for album cover, either as is (when brightened) or pixelated.
I always show images in a standard format so people could project their final uses more easily

Najee-1lll.jpg

My version:

Najee-1lll - Version 2.jpg

FWIW: my version would be nominated for POTM.

Just sayin'

i think all of those are good, except the lady playing the keyboard, not sure why but i just don't care for that photo.

i think all of those are good, except the lady playing the keyboard, not sure why but i just don't care for that photo.

Because of the shadow on her face?

yep, i looked at it again since you mentioned that and i think that's the problem.

2,3,5 are expressive that is necessary from jazz concert)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back