Still learning.. new and questions!

cskotek

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi!
I am currently doing an online photography course and very much so still learning!
I currently am using a Cannon PowerShot SX130IS I have loved it.. but I want to move onto something better for what I want to do.. I really want a D-SLR but I am unsure of what would be best for me lens wise.. I have my eyes on the Nikon 3100 which is more in my range of price (wish I could afford more but the ducks make me broke LOL) I just am not sure what kind of lens would be best suiting for me.. I am just getting into the section of my course where they talk about different lenses and I am not going to lie I have gone bonkers...I am over thinking it at this point LOL I absolutely love taking pictures of my ducks and they move quick and I lose a lot of great pics to the camera taking too long to get ready..Drives me NUTS!

So any nice helpful info will be GREATLY APPRECIATED.. Sorry for my newbieness lol!

Enjoy some pics!
Feedback is welcomed!

$img_4871.jpg$img_4705.jpg$img_4890.jpg$4gb sd 383.jpg$img_4734.jpg$dbd0a49e-0547-4f48-8849-e8fe6148c088_zps94bb27cb.jpg

I think the 3100 would be more than enough for you. If you can, try to get one of the bundle deals that includes a lens.

Now, you will be disappointed at first because you won't get as much zoom as you did with your powershot. It's ok because the image quality and features is a giant leap forward. The good news is that you can get a lens with a better zoom for fairly cheap. I would get the 3100 or 3200 if you can afford it. It should come with an 18-55mm lens. This lens will give you a fairly wide view and a tight view.

Now for getting shots of the duck you'd want to get the nikon 70-300mm 4.5-5.6. This will give you a very nice zoom.

That camera and those two lenses should be more than enough for a long time.

Thanks! I will look into what they will bundle. A guy I bought my cannon from has someone who can get about anything.. I wonder if he can help out price wise. That would be nice. lol!
I take more pics of my ducks then anything else.. I think I make my other half sick of looking at them haha!
I will also look into that nikon lens you mentioned.. now here is a really odd question that I feel I should know but dont... Do lenses made by cannon(or any other brand) fit on other brands of bodies?

Thanks! I will look into what they will bundle. A guy I bought my cannon from has someone who can get about anything.. I wonder if he can help out price wise. That would be nice. lol! I take more pics of my ducks then anything else.. I think I make my other half sick of looking at them haha! I will also look into that nikon lens you mentioned.. now here is a really odd question that I feel I should know but dont... Do lenses made by cannon(or any other brand) fit on other brands of bodies?

The mounting rings where the lens attaches to the camera are different so only nikon lenses work with nikon bodies.

Figured that but had to ask!

Wish I had as much knowledge about camera as I do about the feathered friends.. Hopefully one day!

Thanks A LOT!

Look into used gear but from a reputable dealer. Depending on what it is you can sometimes save significant $$$

Welcome to the site.

Most reactions

Back