still life critique please

hahastar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
That's my best shot so far, but still feel it is not professional looking. I edited a little bit in photoshop. Is these anything else i can do to improve it? (maybe separate the item from the background make it more 3D look?)
smoothiebottlecopy.jpg

resize it please.

my comment is that it's very large :)

why not go with a darker background that will contrast the product more?

1320 x 2208 pixels is way too large for any web-presentation.

Make it so small that the width does not get any longer than 700 pixels ... then everyone can see it without having to scroll. OK.

It already looks like many might enjoy seeing it ... as soon as they CAN ... in one go on their screens, even the small, low res ones.

sorry guys. I resized it.

why not go with a darker background that will contrast the product more?

Thanks for the suggestion. but black more towards luxury/elegant. Health, active is the image i am trying to create here.

I like it... looks good. Maybe a slight drop shadow would bring the arm out of the background? I like the clean look... what kind of lighting did you use?

~Dewey

thanks for the comments. Two lights setup. softbox as the main light. close to the object. another umbrella with +2 stop to blow out the background(i did not use white backdrop). That's it. Since the space is limited, I think some background light spilled on the main object cause it overexpoused a little bit.

hahastar said:
Health, active is the image i am trying to create here.

If this is about light and composition, it's very good (better than I ever could). But if this is an ad photo, I would pay more attention to the hand. I saw the large image and well, the hand needs some make up or a hand that is smoother. That's what I would say if I were on the board of directors of Dannon and you would show us this picture..:wink:

pascal

Looks like good clean lighting. However, the skin is too red/pinkish for my taste (on a calibrated monitor). Looks like the guy came just out of the sauna.

thanks for the suggestion, i will try to lower the hand's saturation, or make it colorless.

somebody needs a manicure..little more balance to the lighting..darker on the right. nice shot so far.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back