Still Life Photography

stroker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Im currently doing some simple still lifes while it is cold outside. Im here looking for tips on camera settings, lighting and composition. Can anybody help?

Still lifes of what? Whats your setup?

With such little information, its hard to give any accurate or useful advice.

Regards,
Jake

These are just rolled up paper on perspex and black material backdrop and studio flash but could be done with simple lamps

1145552757_2VJrf-L.jpg

1145648798_kN4JV-L.jpg

^ I really like those shots, and the reflection is a nice touch.
My setup is my minolta 35mm, with the kit lense and a 35-105mm telephoto with a macro range. I know, limited and outdated but Its what I have to start with.
I was hoping that some people would give me inspiration for composition as I am currently out of ideas.
thanks for the quick reply

My setup is my minolta 35mm, with the kit lense and a 35-105mm telephoto with a macro range. I know, limited and outdated but Its what I have to start with.
I was hoping that some people would give me inspiration for composition as I am currently out of ideas.

Using paper can really come out well. Twisting it into different shapes, rolling it, etc.

Regards,
Jake

Have a drink on me :lol:
1142473646_8Sa5v-L.jpg

Search for still life on Flickr. :thumbup:

More ideas than your brain can handle.

Search for still life on Flickr. :thumbup:

More ideas than your brain can handle.
I started doing this with ALOT of pictures haha, im glad you showed me the gallery of guitars that time, ive been looking at stuff on there ever since

I used google but completely forgot about flicker and photobucket! I need to get a nice reflective surface to start putting things on.
Any good ideas for B&W? Im only 11 shots into a 36 exposure roll before I go back to color..

Most reactions

Back