Still Life Shot

KevinR

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am just starting to mess around with some new lights and camera and would like a critique of this image. Nothing thought provoking just if the image works as a still life or not. I purposesly let the club drop out of the depth of field.

D200
28-75 2.8
500th of a sec
F4
1 AB side light bounce with umbrella

BallClub1.jpg

It's always a problem when you have two items in a shot, without it being too obvious which is the important one. Excellent lighting, simple but effective. Have a go in Photoshop at putting some movement in the club, it will improve it immensely. I would have backed the club off more and got some of the handle in. I did a very similar shot years ago on film, shooting a slow exposure with the club head moving. Philip.

www.philipweirphotography.com

That's an interesting idea. The club part was an afterthought. I originally did the shot with just the tee and ball which I like. After looking at them, I wasn't real sure what I thought with this one. The slight blur of the club gave me seperation. Thanks for the input.

i'd have the club face addressing the ball properly, right now it looks very "added on" with it just laying on it's side in a vertical position.

if the club face was blurred, would that insinuate motion?

i like the idea though, i think i might try something similar but with green grass and blue sky background instead of just black. perhaps on the first tee :)

Oh I think the background change is a great idea! If you could take these subjects to the golf course and position them so you can see a good landscape with a green, it would be very cool.

I also think that one subject needs to be more prominent than the other.

Good start.

Eric.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back