Still my fav marine life pic.

liquidg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just looking back on some underwater pics this arvo.
This little bat wing sea slug is one of the first underwater photos that I have taken.
It was approximately 6 mill in size and so cute.
I was hunting crays and as I came up this little guy/spec was mid stream swimming along and after a lot of bobbing up and down I got a few hundred pics and this was the best of them.
Not a great pic and I have taken it down to not many kilobytes to use on the net, but what can you do while free diving and trying to take a pic of a tiny marine creature in motion, in that way.

nudie-swimming.jpg

This could quite honestly be my least favorite marine life picture I've ever seen.

Looks like a naked sea butterfly. Too bad it's oof...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The burning question for me is why you put the watermark where you did.
I suppose it's OK given it's the only thing in the photo that's in focus. ;)

I can appreciate how difficult it must be to shoot underwater and that this might have been a rare find, but this is really not a successful photo.
I know you probably have some emotional attachment to this shot (which is fine) - unfortunately, that does not translate well to others viewing your photos.

Trying to soften my crit - probably not succeeding. ;)

I saw someone say once or twice that we are not judged by what we shoot, but what we show.
Keep shooting. Show your best - save the rest.

I agree, the fact it’s out of focus is a real downer, I doubt if this species has had a pic taken like this.
The water mark is from our clubs reef aquarium and diving forum as it would take ages to find the original amongst my thousands of pics and some of those are in focus,lol..
It would be not just special to me due to where I took it and when, but it would be an amazing pic if it were not blurry, but that would have been near impossible with the rough water and such a tiny object in the ocean like that.

Anyway I like it.

Most reactions

Back