Thanks for all the positive feedback. Definitely a place I want to return for more shots. It was so quiet out there in the middle of the meadow and had such a strong sense of abandonment. Unfortunately, it wasn't an easy place to get to...
I must have spent a good hour composing and recomposing for that shot. The grass was literally up past my waist... hence why I practically fell over it as I was wondering around. I had to stomp around it a bit to get a nice clear shot. If you look closely, you can see the grass immediately next to the chair is somewhat flattened while the grass behind is up past the back of the chair.
I do have a shot or two with just the chair. I found that the chair by itself didn't convey the feeling I was looking for. Rusty chair in the middle of nowhere.... all forground and no depth.... nothing "lived-in" to offset it. The dwelling in the background is the old abandoned garage... not a house... and it was not all that pretty to look at. On the other hand, I loved the wood color and how it contrasts from the grass hence why I chose to incorporated it in a blurred background.
On my return trip, I'll have to plan on getting really low to the ground to bring the eye more to the chair itself. I was hoping to get out there after a good heavy snow. I bet that place looks pretty covered in undisturbed snow.
The theme/feeling here has really been exciting to focus on.. I've got a series going in an "informal" portfolio. If time permits, I'll post more from the series.