Still working on my framing, but love this portrait of my little girl!

krystalynnephoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$71754_526185867430278_1076024767_n.jpg

Cute kid!

There is no Exif data in the shot.. but it looks like you shot wide open? Probably 1.8 or so? Personally I like a bit more DOF (just a little). Some important areas look like they are just starting to go out of focus (teeth even)! Eyes look a little oversharpened... and shooting DOWN on a child seldom works. Much better to get down on their level! What focal length did you use? It looks like there is some perspective distortion also... Her head is huge in relation to the rest of her! http://www.vistaview360.com/photography/perspective-distortion.htm

And yes, that watermark is WAY BUSY!

Last edited:
I'd guess from the distortion that you used the 35 mm lens to make the photo.

Her head looks abnormally large.

Though the exposure and focus look good, I'm not a fan of that large, broad, mottled type of available light catchlight in a subjects eyes.

Cute kid!

There is no Exif data in the shot.. but it looks like you shot wide open? Probably 1.8 or so? Personally I like a bit more DOF (just a little). Some important areas look like they are just starting to go out of focus (teeth even)! Eyes look a little oversharpened... and shooting DOWN on a child seldom works. Much better to get down on their level! What focal length did you use? It looks like there is some perspective distortion also... Her head is huge in relation to the rest of her! Perspective Distortion Effects Planned or Accidental

And yes, that watermark is WAY BUSY!

KMH is correct, 35mm.

Thanks for the input everyone... advice noted and compliments appreciated! ;)

What KMH said... but sometimes you can take advantage using 35 to make someone look slimmer shooting it from the same angle. Sue Bryce uses 35mm all the time.

What KMH said... but sometimes you can take advantage using 35 to make someone look slimmer shooting it from the same angle. Sue Bryce uses 35mm all the time.

Thanks Robin. So far, it's my fav lens. I can see myself becoming a full-time prime shooter. I will try what you've mentioned... and a bit more DOF.

And let me be clear, she's got a big ol' head.. but I still love her.. hehe

Primes are the bomb! You'll love the 50mm when you get it. Personally, my 100mm rarely leaves my camera.

Most reactions

Back