Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Gamla Stan, the famous Old Town

2805695862_5aeb86d4de_o.jpg

2805696028_05ab252756_o.jpg

2805696166_9f9d0705a1_o.jpg

2804846563_baed57ed60_o.jpg

2805696496_3e66d460f0_o.jpg

The interesting aspect about the last photo is that there were several groups of people walking through my shot during the 30sec exposure and they have all simply vanished :D !

That night photo shoot gave me so much fun!

My favs are #s 4 & 5, I’m a little surprised with #5 that you did not get any blurry ghost-ish people

If you look really carefully, you can see a "ghost" right in the middle of the crossing, very, very faintly. That was from a couple who came towards me within those 30 seconds. All those who crossed the crossing horizontally in that time have all but disappeared completely.

I know how much you love your stars, but something gives me the impression the lens flare was not on the adgenda?

You might wish to invest in a hood, It should cut it back considerably as it looks like most of it is comming from the nearest lamps where the light is coming in at the sharpest angle.

I wish I had spots like this around here, I'd be having a blast.

Oh, these are vertical shots. Is it theoretical possible?, that any one walking in the same direction as shutter movement could be covered-up by the trailing half of the shutter curtain. Did you take any horizon shop with people walking across the scene?

Last edited:
Oh, these are vertical shots. Is it theoretical possible?, that any one walking in the same direction as shutter movement could be covered-up by the trailing half of the shutter curtain.

Negitive, even with long exposures, shutter curtan halves move at the same speed as they would under standard exposure times, it merely remains open longer.

Further more, her cameras (if memory serves me correctly) have a horizontal travel shutter don't they. I could be wrong on that one but.....

wow very nice shots. I see there is a certain advantage to use a tripod while shooting at night :D lol its funny that I went to the exact same place to take some night photos a week before ^^

My favs are #s 4 & 5, I’m a little surprised with #5 that you did not get any blurry ghost-ish people

30 seconds is wuite a lot, and if they do not stop but walk just past, you will not see much, if anything at all.

this is different if there is a huge crowd, they can spoilt an image in long exposures because they can create a blurry mist without any structure.

Oh, these are vertical shots. Is it theoretical possible?, that any one walking in the same direction as shutter movement could be covered-up by the trailing half of the shutter curtain. Did you take any horizon shop with people walking across the scene?

As battou pointed out, the shutter does not move that slowly. The term shutter speed is simply misleading / wrong with SLR shutters, but still got commonly accepted. Exposure time would be the correct term.

The actual shutter speed only gets important when photographing high speed objects with very short exposure times.

Most reactions

Back