Stolen ID

Mitica100

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It's been quite strange for the last couple of days. We ended up with five bills for cell phones, all in my wife's name, obviously a case of stolen identity. Contacted the Experian and the other credit companies and learned that there were some other applications for credit cards, including Home Depot, Lowe's and a GE Money Mastercard. We're told that we won't be liable for any bills incurred under the false identity but now we are afraid that the person(s) which did this can and will access our banking accounts. Time to chat with the banker and change all the passwords and IDs...

This $ucks!

Oh NO! :( I'm so sorry this happened to you. It's a good thing that these companies are much quicker to respond these days, and you aren't being held liable - but it's just the aggravation, the petty thievery involved that's got to be so disheartening.

:hug:: I'm sorry. Here's hoping it gets cleared up quickly, with no long-term shenanigans to deal with. ugh!!

This is miserable. It happened to me in 1991 (before most had ever heard of identity theft). One thing you should also do is contact the major credit reporting agencies so things don't muck up your credit score.

Ian

This is miserable. It happened to me in 1991 (before most had ever heard of identity theft). One thing you should also do is contact the major credit reporting agencies so things don't muck up your credit score.

Ian

We spent yesterday a few good hours of contacting Experian, TransUnion
and the other credit report company that I don't seem to remember just now, and we started clearing the records and investigating the ID theft. Same with all of our credit cards, banks, mortgage holding companies and so on.

We'll see what happens...

Most reactions

Back