Stone Hut HDR

overcooked.. and looks like WB is off... those ferns are nuclear!

Not as over saturated.. but still overly tonemapped! Do you have an original you can post.. without the HDR so we can get an idea of what it really looked like? How many images did you merge in this HDR?

Besides the image being over cooked I find the lens distortion to really distracting.

I am new to the HDR stuff trying to figure it all out. I am pretty sure my white balance was off on the originals I used. I use PhotoMatix for the editing and it was just 3 images. LightGuru Im not sure what distortion you are referring to this was shot with a Tokina 11-16 @ 11mm so any strait line is going to remain strait I think the angle may be throwing you off is all but I could be wrong as I said I am new to HDR

Might also help to mention I am trying to get the dreamy fairy tale look.

I kinda like the framing but the over abundance of green....pretty much everything is green, just kills it.

I hear ya there my originals are really green too....I failed lol it happens. We only learn from messing up and the guidance of real professionals who are willing to share real info. Thanks for the responses guys. I am working on improving, just takes time and patience.

Im not sure what distortion you are referring to this was shot with a Tokina 11-16 @ 11mm so any strait line is going to remain strait I think the angle may be throwing you off

Yes it may not be the lens that is causing it but there is definitely some major distortion going on.

Notice how the trees and the wall of the cabin on the left side of the image all lean to the right and how all the trees and the walls and doorway on the riot side of the image all lean to the left. That is the distortion I am referring to. It's called keystoning.

A smaller amount of keystoning would be much less distracting as the large amount of keystoning you have acts like a large pointer leading the viewers attention away from the cabin and into the sky.

Now if this was your intent BEFORE taking the photo then that's perfectly fine.

I see what you are saying.. I think that is an architectural thing though the structure was built in the 1800s and had some weird leans to it...and the trees make angles look funny too....maybe I should go re-shoot this altogether.

Ok so I went into PhotoMatix and my WB was set to cloudy dunno why so change it to as shot so we will see if it changes anything...

Most reactions

Back