Stoned Rabbit. Photo from 1928 QRS Kamra

Discussion in 'The Black & White Gallery' started by star camera company, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Fascinating manual! I liked the film developing "reelo" reel!

2. star camera company

star camera company No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    1ECA48F6-AAF3-44C6-8B97-7501A9E1D3C1.jpeg I think this may be interesting, a Size Comparison!............Yes. In fact the merger between QRS and DeVry lasted only 3 years. The Kamra was discontinued some suspect Because DeVry was Cine focused. They were both Old Names. QRS was (is) mostly in the music business, player piano and rolls were its main product. The QRS Kamra is the chid of the Ellison Kamra, from 1925. Same exact principles involved.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. star camera company

star camera company No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    8737F591-739A-4C51-AF1B-7AE4EE77117C.png Seems that the infinity focus was not attainable, probably from a change in the dimensions of the white metal inner case. It was broken in 4 places when I got it and had to repair it with JB weld. So the lens was too far away. Finally set it up with a ground glass and loupe, and had to put tge lens into my Unimat lathe and turn about .5 mm off the base so it threaded in deeper. Now, looks like the proper depth of field for f7.7 is including the whole view. I think this camera can pull Leica quality images if I “do it right”. The Kamera is nearly impossible to hold perfectly horizontal to shoot level. Next time I’m sticking on a tiny bubble level! The viewfinder is lousy, hard to compose with. The 24x32 format is odd, especially after thinking 24x36 forever. A Real Challenge! One good thing is that it seems to be “set up” and capable of imaging very well with 400 TriX. Now.....how the hell did they manage in 1928 when film was 10 ASA????? It has TIME exposure but also Instant, which looks like 1/50 or close, , which does Tri x. What was the purpose of instant when no film existed that matched the shutter/f stop capability of the camera.••••••• QRS Did offer an optional lens, which nearly doubled the price of the camera. I’ve only seen it in the manual... a Graf Anastigmat f 3.5 50 in focusing Mount with adjustable iris. Possibly similar to the lens on the Perfex. I’ve been thinking of buying a perfex for the lens and making one....

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  4. Aaron Allen

Aaron Allen TPF Noob!

image.jpg Hey there, I recently purchased this camera from a thrift store. I can’t seem to find one exactly like mine on the Internet... It has a different lens and it says it’s a Model A. Here is a photo image.jpg

Attached Files: