Stop Smoking?

You were correct hawkeye. The RX I was using was Chantix. It is a receptor blocker. I also chewed the gum. The combination worked like a charm.......for a while. Emotional triggers can overide any early progress. I see it as that I did not succeed this time, not that I failed. An eternal optomist.

I don't do ***s, I roll mine. Of the over 600 chemicals in a cigarette, the filter is the delivery system.

I quit use Chantix, it works very well but you do have to do your part by wanting to quit.

I was known as 'The Smoking Beagle'. Someone even printed me a t-shirt.
Okay, I get the 'smoking' part, but 'beagle'? You had a hangdog expression? Had a bark worse than your bite? Were built low to the ground? Had long floppy ears? Sniffed ...uhh, never mind.

It took me finding out that I had Diabetes and NEEDED to get my health under control. It is tough. I quit like 3 or 4 times......Hopefully it is for good this time.

I have NEVER in my life even tried to smoke, not at all. My dad was a heavy smoker and I couldnt have pictured him now without a cig in his hand constantly. When I was younger I always used to roll his cigerettes for him and he used to use those liquorice cigarette papers and they were HORRIBLE!! I don't know if that is what put me off smoking or whether it was just the fact that I had a terrible conscience as a kid and didnt want to screw myself up (which is strange, but i was pretty switched on for my age). My sister went the other way, she smokes like a chimney now. My other sister started in her mid-twenties, which is just bizarre to me!

I know that since the smoking ban came into effect in England a lot of people have cut down on their smoking just simply because it takes too much effort to go outside and smoke. Now that it is so bloody cold outside people would rather crave a cig for a few minutes longer than go out to smoke.

I have heard that the patches do work wonders, my mate tried to give up on those before, it worked for a while but it was her will and her own mindset that put her back on the cigs. She recently tried the patches again and is totally off smoking - hopefully this time for good. I think having a good support network is almost key.

Good luck!

Chantix. It actually is a wonder drug. I smoked a pack a day for three years and one day just quit, two weeks after I started taking it.

I was known as 'The Smoking Beagle'. Someone even printed me a t-shirt.
You're a beagle?

hertz has the right idea. you just have to stop. I went from 20 a day to zero.

If you want to spend money to find that out then i recommend buying a book called Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking. After reading it you will realise how easy it is and wonder why you never quit years earlier. I know loads of people who have read that book and they have never touched a cigarette since, including myself. Just read the reviews on Amazon

If you want to give up smoking I can't recommend enough that you buy Alan Carr's book "The easy way to stop smoking". It's the best 10 bucks that you'll ever invest in yourself. If you buy it but you don't get it, then read it again and again until you experience that Eureka! moment.

Me? grew to 20+ a day for over 20 years, gave up in one day. Had horrible dreams for 3 weeks, been free of them for more than 4 years now and can't possibly imagine how I ever once smoked.

Good Luck! I hope you experience the same freedom that others do after quitting.:thumbup:

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I tried quitting using Accupunture. Fascinating practice to say the least. Did not work. I could not get past 3 a day. Then I lost all motivation. I plan on trying again Jan 1. Will definitely go back to Accupunture. Currently I love cigarettes. That is the problem.

Love & Bass

I tried quitting using Accupunture. Fascinating practice to say the least. Did not work. I could not get past 3 a day. Then I lost all motivation. I plan on trying again Jan 1. Will definitely go back to Accupunture. Currently I love cigarettes. That is the problem.

Love & Bass

Try that Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking book that i recommended further up Craig. it will be cheaper and a lot less painful, plus the author insists that you carry on smoking whilst reading the book.

Seriously, try it, you will know that you will never touch another cigarette for the rest of your life before you even finish the book

Thanks John. I will buy the book. Accupunture is far from painful. That is a little dramatic. Mean to say that aside from the pin prick it is an amazing experience. Qi Gong was also helping but the classes ended. So many excuses... All comes down to being super motivated. Clearly something I am lacking at this moment in time.

Love & Bass

let us know how you get on

I will for sure. Jan 1 seems like a realistic date to start because I know the plane flights and food and drink during the holiday season are serious smoke triggers. It is a tough undertaking for me. I have been smoking 2 packs a day for 20 years.

Love & Bass

I'm one of those annoying people that doesn't get addicted...

I plan on never even tryin a cigarette in my life. Haha.

Besides, just the smell is horrible to me, I doubt I'll ever get hooked. I've tried a sip of my dad's non-alcoholic beer too and that is awful, so I doubt I'll be a drinker. Just red bulls for me. :wink:

Just saw my 17 year old cousin smoking for the first time and I nearly cried. Seriously! I was like a chick and I was starting to well up.

I have failed him. Ok so I'm thinking of buying the habit off him before it's rightly too late. Something like a car or an expensive guitar. What do you think? Anything to make the point to him that it's just not cool

stop smoking what?...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back