Stop!

Nitro Boy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Heres a new one from me. I know it probably isnt the most original, but I really love the way it turned out in the end, and thought I would share it. Besides that, it has a catchy title, and I didnt want to pass that chance up. What do you all think?

Stop.jpg

Btw- If you've seen a few of my other shots, I like the wide format, alot. I'll try to break away from my habit, but in the meantime, dont be afraid to give me tips on techniques, you know how much I need it!

Well Well Ben, I didn't think you would submit a picture before my approval! ;)

From a point of view if I didn't know you, I would say this:

Good composure, even though the top black part is completely unnessicary (sp). I really like the top of the sign, interesting glow. The wideformat really doesn't work here. I taught you to crop, but now you're sort of going overboard :lmao:

you guys know each other??? Damn, I wish I had some artsy friends :(
That's a great shot, ben, though if the sign was stretched all over its lenght it would be better, and the format would work.

hehe, Ben and me go WAAAAAAY back. We cyber knew each other for the past 6 years. Way back to some other forum. :lmao: We're computer junkies. :p

Good point Alexandra, that's what made it feel weird, too much expanse in the left. You can fix that with a zoom and crop Ben...

I don't think a zoom will help a lot here, except if you still have the full-res pic. Here's a very low-quality example of what i had in mind:
Stop2.jpg

what i did was to simply stretch the perspective, which is fairly aesy to do with Gimp, and crop off some stuff around... at a certain poin i just lost control of my mouse, so it's a little inclined... If you still have the full-res pic, you can do the same thing to it and it's gona look way better than what i did here...

I could always just as easily walk to the corner and take the shot again. My thoughts on the original werent very impressive, so i cropped it, and extended the sky.
I like the way the lack of pixels in your perspective thing added kindof a panicked (sp?) effect. I'll have to mess around in photoshop some more.

Btw- If you want, i'll email/upload an original if anyone wants a crack of their own at it.

And yes- Matty and I go way back almost six (6) years, all the way back to the days of gearheadgarage.com (if this is considered a 'plug' then i'll remove the url, but the forum is dead now, i believe.)

unless you count all the forum "graffiti" you and me caused. :lmao: Remember the tricycle insurance thing?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back