storing your camera

blitzkrieg69

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
When i dont use my camera i just keep it in its case.(lowepro 140ex or something) i keep the lense on it. should i not do this. is it better to put it away with the lense off of the body? or does it even matter?

just wondering, thanks
~Matt

Personally I keep a lens on my camera 90% of the time( I don't have a lens on ALL of them all the time but...). I do this to limit the amount of time the inside of the camera is exposed to outside nasty bits...dust, dirt, grit, grime, etc...
To the second question I don't think it really matters as long as the body and all lenses have covers/caps on them to protect them from previously stated outside nasty bits.

Doesn't really matter...

I store mine with the lens off, just because that's the only way it'll fit in my bag.

Having the lens on already will let you get it into action faster, assuming that the lens on it is the one you wanted to use. If it's not, it'll be slower than not having a lens on.
(Changing lenses is slower than just putting one on...)

I'm generally not in a rush when I open my camera bag, so 15-20 seconds to put a lens on is no big deal.

ok, that's kind of what i was thinking but i wanted to double check and make sure i wasnt doing anything wrong.

thanks

Your D40 has a plastic body.

The metal lens mount is screwed into that plastic with steel screws.

If you're going to leave the lens on when the camera is not in use, be sure there is no appreciable sideways stress or stress pulling the lens away from the body, like putting your rig in a camera bag with the lens hanging down, unsupported.

usually i used softcase to protect my digital cameras, then i put that softcase to hardcase and i put that hardcase to my bag.. so thats is powerful protection :lol:

Most reactions

Back