Storm over the Gulf

LCLimages

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm no landscape photographer that's for sure, I almost solely shoot people & portraits. But I was browsing my external drive and found this gem from 2011, taken on a vacation to Clearwater Beach FL. Anyone familiar with the beach... this was about 1/4 mile south of Pier 60. IQ isn't the best, I'm pretty sure I shot it on my old XTI and light was low so it was at ISO 1600 or something ridiculous for that body, but I love the drama in it.

I've tried to get rid of the people but can't do it without making the water look weird.

Don't worry about the people, they provide scale.

In all honesty, I think the people add to the picture by demonstrating its size perspective. I like the shot, with the people.

I like the people in the shot as well. Really nice picture!

And see, I would prefer it without the poeple. To me it would give it a greater feeling of vastness.

I guess it comes down to preference.

The rest of the shot is great though.

Very awesome shot. I think that the people add to the shot by giving it a sense of scale.

The more I look at it the more I'm liking the people. We're all very small in this great big world.

This is a nice find and a beautiful place too. The people not only add to the scale but also to the drama of the shot. Without it the photo will probably look like, just another shot...I like shots that tells a story even in just one picture and you sure got it in this one.

Okay... I dug way back and pulled out the original RAW file. Tried to fix some of the saturation and bright spots, although the one to the left of dead center is just blown and couldn't be recovered. This looks a bit more purple and darker to me...

14120512960_e53affd663_c.jpg

And I gave the cloning another go, for those curious about no people. I ended up copying big chunks of the horizon and filling it in, it's not top notch but it gives an idea of what it would look like sans people.

14305238312_7c4ca3ca24_c.jpg

I think I really do prefer the scale the people provide.

I like the one with the people. The clouds are great.

Most reactions

Back