Vieri

Fine Art Landscape Photographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A stormy sunset at Allt a Chapuill, taken on the Isle of Arran in Scotland in spring 2017. Leica S (Typ 007), Leica Super-Elmar-S 24mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

S0071986.jpg

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

Cracking shot, great moody sky.

You have to love landscape unspoiled by modern things. I am sure this looks as it did centuries ago. Nice photo.

A stormy sunset at Allt a Chapuill, taken on the Isle of Arran in Scotland in spring 2017. Leica S (Typ 007), Leica Super-Elmar-S 24mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

S0071986.jpg

Vieri
ooooooo I really like this one!

S0071986.jpg

Vieri

Stunning shot!

Very nice Vieri

That is a great shot, it has it all. Light, dark, sharpness, blurr, black, white and colour.

Thank you very much everyone for your kind comments, I am glad you enjoyed it! :)

Best regards,

Vieri

Beautiful photo! How much post processing work do you do on a shot like this one? A lot or a little, doesn't change the fact that this is a great photo, I'm just curious.

Beautiful photo! How much post processing work do you do on a shot like this one? A lot or a little, doesn't change the fact that this is a great photo, I'm just curious.

Well, define "a lot"... ;) Seriously, I love working in the field, and while I like post-processing very much I prefer to have more time do shoot - so, for the last few years my goal has been to try and reduce post-processing work to a minimum. As a result, I developed a very streamlined workflow to go from start to about 80-90% of an image's potential real quick - all in Camera RAW, brushes, grads, etc. I think I can edit any of my images up to 80-90% of its potential in about 10 minutes. Actually, teaching Workshops is the reason why I went and "formalised" my Workflow in such a way: it was in answer to students asking me how they could edit their images up to a good level (say, internet posting / not printing, perhaps) in 5-10 minutes, because they all are working professionals with not much time to dedicate to post-processing.

Once I brought my images up to 80-90%, to make the most of the ones I deem to have more potential I keep going and that last 10-20% can take variable amounts of time. There is no fixed rule for that :)

Hope this helps! Best regards,

Vieri

@Vieri thanks for the information. Sometime I've got to find the time and take a workshop with both in field and post processing instruction.

@Vieri thanks for the information. Sometime I've got to find the time and take a workshop with both in field and post processing instruction.

You are very welcome. Yes, I firmly believe in good Workshops as a great way to share knowledge and learning :) Beware of large group workshops though, they are much less effective and, nowadays, you'll see workshops with 10-120 participants advertised as "small group workshops"... when in reality you'll get to see the instructor 10 minutes a day if that! To me, small group means three people. This way, you can get all the attention and instructor time you need :)

Best regards,

Vieri

Most reactions

New Topics

Back