What's new

Stranded by the tide

Nice work. Not really a fan of beached-boat shots, but the first is really classic. Consider backing off a bit on the vignette, though.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #4
Nice work. Not really a fan of beached-boat shots, but the first is really classic. Consider backing off a bit on the vignette, though.

Hey I am very cliche when choosing subjects! Gradiated filter. ;) I do see what you are talking about. Thanks for the input.
 
Living on the east coast is just ridiculous these days. You cannot get a sky without contrails any more.

Nicely done, runnah. I find the first one much the best. Angle's kind of funky in the second one, and the third one is really feeling the lack of second boat/pop of color. To my eye etc.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #6
Living on the east coast is just ridiculous these days. You cannot get a sky without contrails any more.

Nicely done, runnah. I find the first one much the best. Angle's kind of funky in the second one, and the third one is really feeling the lack of second boat/pop of color. To my eye etc.

Yeah this is near our jetport. Pass right overhead on approach.

Thanks, I agree about the red helping this pop.
 
Shoot this same scene either early morning or right before the sun goes down. I think it would add a little bit of drama.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #8
Shoot this same scene either early morning or right before the sun goes down. I think it would add a little bit of drama.

What if I told you that these the red boat was having an affair?
 
Were the boats dragged there? I'm trying to figure out how the tire tracks got there, underneath the boats? I mean...it looks like maybe they dragged the boats up to the hard-pack as we call it here...you know, like for example where the dorymen here at PC drive their rigs on the hard-packed sand that can support a vehicle reliably. And as amolitor mentioned, contrails...yeah, they're everywhere here on the west coast too.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #10
Were the boats dragged there? I'm trying to figure out how the tire tracks got there, underneath the boats? I mean...it looks like maybe they dragged the boats up to the hard-pack as we call it here...you know, like for example where the dorymen here at PC drive their rigs on the hard-packed sand that can support a vehicle reliably. And as amolitor mentioned, contrails...yeah, they're everywhere here on the west coast too.

Yeah skiffs to go out to the moored boats. There were a bunch more that were stored. These were active as they were anchored for the tide.
 
Wait a minute, boats aren't supposed to be sitting on land? WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME THIS


I agree with most people-I like the first. A lot. At first, the tracks seemed to distract, but now looking at it again, they kinda add to it. Very nicely done, sir.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #13
But that's not the white boat at all, runnah! That's the white boat's evil twin!
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #15

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom