Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A friend of mine recently installed a scanner on his PC and had been using it to put some old photos on my computer. Well, whenever he tries to access these photos (in jpg format) through GIMP, the following error message appears: Pango-WARNING (recursed) **.couldn't load font "MS Sans Serif Bold Not-Rotated 9.599609375", falling back to "Sans Bold Not-Rotated 9.599609375", expect ugly output. aborting...
Click OK on that error box, GIMP shuts down.

I'm not a GIMP expert - anyone out there have any ideas????

TIA
J

Grokking the Gimp?

I don't know, I would just say downloads CS4, charge him $25, and you will both be happy.

GIMP can be tough to find support for. I would just reinstall it- that should help.

(And don't steal Photoshop. GIMP is free and lovely, and won't get you into trouble).

A friend of mine recently installed a scanner on his PC and had been using it to put some old photos on my computer. Well, whenever he tries to access these photos (in jpg format) through GIMP, the following error message appears: Pango-WARNING (recursed) **.couldn't load font "MS Sans Serif Bold Not-Rotated 9.599609375", falling back to "Sans Bold Not-Rotated 9.599609375", expect ugly output. aborting...
Click OK on that error box, GIMP shuts down.

I'm not a GIMP expert - anyone out there have any ideas????

TIA
J

This was a known bug with an older version when run on a certain
OS I forget now which etc. It's not your JPEGs but unfortunately I can't recall what the fix was - it was turning something off in preferences or
choosing a certain option setting at installation which prevented it .

Try googling that error message verbatim - it's out there on a forum somewhere.

Recently I downloaded the lastest version bundled into one easy installer from gimp and use that. Release 2.6.5. and it's very straighforward on Windows.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back