strange nights

Dollface

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dollface.net.au
I was actually down at the beach to do full-moon water/rocks/slow shutter shots, when I turned around to pick up my gear and noticed this.
Just wondering if you think it works, or if it's missing something. It's a shot I can easily re-shoot.

F# 5.6 Shutter: 20-30sec, 28mm, ISO 200

Thanks everyone.

Moon25.jpg

Oh, and just so you can see what I was there to shoot. Approx same exposure and lens.

Moon13.jpg

Nice work, I enjoy looking at these images. However, one minor critique on the fist one. On the top of the rock formation, there is kinda a hot spot. However, great photo. I have tried to capture the stars and I haven't got the results that I am looking for. You have, so I guess that makes me jealous. ;_)

Thank you! I see what you mean. I might get down there again, and see if I can re-shoot without that spot of light - otherwise, I can just turn it into sky using clone tool.
Goo luck with shooting stars, best place is backyard (if it's dark enough) and leave shutter open for 1min plus.. This was just at 30sec..

i think that spot of light makes that photo. it makes it seem like the sun is coming up or something, just seems like a good touch. i love the second photo though, that's awesome.

i like the hot spot too.

if anything, maybe its my monitor, maybe the rock are a bit dark? its hard to tell..prints are always better anyway :)

both are awesome!!!! i love them!

Hotspot or not, the glow in the first one is just.... wow. The second, the glare off the water, the wind, the moon... Two truly great compositions.

carish1 said:
Hi,

New here. Great shots. Where was it taken?

M

This was at a place called "Mahn Pool", which is to the north of Maroubra Beach, which is in Sydney. Maroubra Beach is still relatively unknown or ignored by the tourists who flock to Bondi Beach ( Which is only about 20km further up the coast ). It's where I grew up, it's my home.

skunkboy said:
Hotspot or not, the glow in the first one is just.... wow. The second, the glare off the water, the wind, the moon... Two truly great compositions.

Thank you so much. I think because it's a place dear to my heart, I want to make it look as magical as I think it is. Hopefully this comes through.

photong said:
i like the hot spot too.

if anything, maybe its my monitor, maybe the rock are a bit dark? its hard to tell..prints are always better anyway :)

both are awesome!!!! i love them!

Actually, I think it might be a little too dark, it seems my monitor needs calibrating..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back