Stream and Foliage

NancyMoranG

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I bought a Manfrotto tripod 2 yrs ago that has the 90 degree column and can position itself close to the ground. I wanted to use it for streams and such and this is my 1st real place to use it as I envisioned...
C/C welcome. I took this shot in varying settings but I think this is the 1 I like best. Is it underexposed or not, sharp or no?
I am trying to educate and USE the gear I have correctly.

(ignore the rookie mistake of the tripod leg is in the photo)

Foliage stream (678x1024) - Copy.jpg

stream foliage 2.jpg

Very nice, clean tripod legs you have! ;)

A nice image, I'd say maybe 1/3 stop under overall, but with the white sky, going any brighter might not be appropriate. I think I would have been tempted to place the camera over the stream and have it flowing from the bottom centre of the image.

Excellent Nancy!

I am going to take a trip through Tim Tucker's notebook and suggest you use his formulation for removing color cast. I did that as well as masked in a very lightly tinted sky to offset that "too bright" sky and gave the color some vibrance.

moran.jpg

Very Nice shots. tripod leg no big deal at least you didn't do what I did, set up a shot on a slopping hill and thought my tripod was stable and I let go and my Nikon D7200 flipped over down a slopping hill just missed going into the river but some very wet shrubs from all the rain the night before broke the fall and survived but it was pretty wet glass and camera body.

Very nice fall colors ! :)

Very Nice shots. tripod leg no big deal at least you didn't do what I did, set up a shot on a slopping hill and thought my tripod was stable and I let go and my Nikon D7200 flipped over down a slopping hill just missed going into the river but some very wet shrubs from all the rain the night before broke the fall and survived but it was pretty wet glass and camera body.

Oh no!! I could have angled the camera a little more over the water but yes, I am afraid of something bad happening! The leg I really didn't see as I was only low enough to 'frame' shot as quick as I could in such a low position.. (Yes, age has something to do with it..)
Thanks for looking!

Thanks Lew. Getting that low made it difficult to stay down for long. So although I thought it was ok, maybe it wasn't?

Nancy, I say what I see. Maybe its great and I'm wrong.
All I have is my own opinions.

I understand the difficulty of getting down low and the impossibility of getting up again.

Best wishes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back